How to Choose the Right Vanity
The vanity is the main focal point of the bathroom, so it’s important to choose the right one. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to remodel a small space or update a master bath; if you follow these steps, the process will be a little smoother to find one that fits your needs.
Consider Your Space
Measure your space multiple times to make sure you understand precisely how much space you have to work with. Think about how much storage space you need, and measure the depth and width of the area where you want to put the vanity; height is often negotiable. Don’t forget to consider possible interference from doors or storage drawers.
Number of Sinks
Once you determine how much space you’re working with, you’ll know if you only have room for one sink, or if installing a two-sink vanity might be appropriate. Shared bathrooms often benefit from having two sinks, which is appropriate with a width of at least 48 inches. A pedestal sink occupies the least amount of space.
Bathroom vanities come in three main styles:
- Standard – Also known as free-standing, this style of vanity sits on the floor like a chest.
- Wall-mounted – As the name suggests, the vanity is mounted on the wall, giving a floating appearance. This opens the floor space in a small bathroom.
- Corner-mounted – A corner vanity saves space, as long as your existing plumbing allows for it.
Type of Sink
You’ll want to consider your overall bathroom aesthetic when you think about the sink type. There are three main types:
- Undermount – An under-mount sink is installed underneath the counter, which gives a seamless, tidy appearance.
- Top-mount – Also known as a drop-in or self-rimming sink, this is dropped into the counter, creating a raised edge on the counter.
- Vessel – This is usually something bowl shaped that rests on top of the counter and does not require undermount installation.
From there, style, finish, hardware, and storage needs are up to you. Contact Niron Depot for all of your kitchen and bath remodeling needs. Visit our showroom and start designing your dream Colorado bath.